Saturday, January 27, 2007

next stop: top design

i didn't intended to toot my own horn in this blog, but i'm working on a project that i'm particularly excited about. if you happen to be in, or could make the trip to, new york city from jan 29-feb 4, i hope you can check out an installation i worked on which is being put up this weekend.

it's an environmental space, located at grand central station, subway shuttle track 4, to promote the upcoming interior design competition show, top design. (premiering this wednesday, jan 31 at 10 on bravo, and featuring designers todd oldham, jonathan adler and kelly wearstler. end of free plug.) not only is it the first project in a long time that i've been able to really sink my teeth into, it is the first installation of it's kind at grand central, a place near a dear to my heart. hopefully i'll at least be part of some historical footnote, with this project.

look for photos to be posted, and if anybody should happen to see it (out of the 5 of you), please let me know what you think.

3 comments:

paintergirl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rose said...

Exciting!! I wish I was in New York...

Rose said...

Hey, so is that like Project Runway, except for interior design. I guess that will get to NZ eventually. Someone told me there was a similar TV show done for aspiring artists. Is that true? If so, I'd love to see THAT!

I just saw that Top Design has a MySpace page, even. But sadly there is a typo. I couldn't believe that whoever did this spelt Yves St Laurent as Laurant. Why is it that print material gets a good proofreading, but not web stuff? Oh, it makes me cross! (I'm one of those wierdo designers that can spell...)

hey, you'll have to take some shots of the installation when it's up so we can all see it.